Jump to Main Content
- Hiroaki Saito; Hiroshi Hashimoto; Teruaki Hino; Masaharu Motokawa
- Mammal study 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 1-11
- concrete; dams (hydrology); rivers; sediments; shrews; streams; surveys; Japan
- ... The concrete walls of check dams are considered a physical barrier for aquatic and semiaquatic animals that inhabit mountain streams. Traveling behaviors around concrete check dams by the Japanese water shrew Chimarrogale platycephalus, a semi-aquatic mammal, were directly observed via radio-tracking in Kamikoshi Stream in central Honshu, Japan. Traveling behaviors were mainly observed on the wet ...
- EO Okech; N Kitaka; S Omondi; D Verschuren
- African journal of aquatic science 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 25-33
- Aulacoseira; Bacillariophyceae; drawdown; drought; dry environmental conditions; flora; fossils; lakes; plankton; sediments; Kenya
- ... This article presents a fossil diatom-based, semi-quantitative reconstruction of water level fluctuations for Lake Baringo over the past 200 years as a consequence of climatic variations. A 285 cm long sediment core sample was collected using a Rod-Operated Single-drive Stationary Piston corer. Lake level was inferred using indices based on the proportion of planktonic to benthic diatom taxa (P/B ...