Jump to Main Content
- Miyanda N Moonga; Katherine Kamminga; Jeffrey A Davis
- Environmental entomology 2018 v.47 no.6 pp. 1459-1464
- Acrosternum hilare; Euschistus servus; Glycine max; Gryon; Nezara viridula; Piezodorus guildinii; Platygasteridae; Podisus maculiventris; Telenomus; Trissolcus euschisti; biological control; economic threshold; eggs; growing season; insect pests; insecticides; integrated pest management; parasitism; parasitoids; pesticide application; plant strata; soybeans; surveys; Louisiana
- ... Stink bugs are important insect pests of soybean, Glycine max (L.), in Louisiana. Scouting, economic thresholds, and insecticide applications are the main strategies used in the integrated pest management of soybean insect pests. However, biological control of stink bug eggs by parasitoids has the potential to reduce populations of these pests. A survey of stink bug egg parasitoids was conducted a ...
- Richard S. Zack; Peter J. Landolt; Joseph E. Munyaneza
- Great Lakes Entomologist 2012 v.45 no.3-4 pp. 251-262
- Chlorochroa; Aelia americana; Apoecilus bracteatus; Zicrona caerulea; Podisus maculiventris; new geographic records; Acrosternum hilare; Brochymena quadripustulata; Euschistus servus; species diversity; Perillus bioculatus; Apateticus
- ... Froeschner (1988) records 23 species of stink bugs (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Pentatomidae) as occurring in Washington state. Based onmaterial primarily housed in the M.T. James Entomological Collection at Washington State University, the number of species is increased to 47. Species recorded by Froeschner (1988) but not found in our collections are: Apateticus crocatus (Uhler), Chlorochroa rossiana ...
- Geoffrey M. Coast; Ronald J. Nachman; Juan Lopez
- Peptides 2011 v.32 no.3 pp. 493-499
- Zootermopsis nevadensis; Lepidoptera; serotonin; Rhodnius prolixus; secretion; Podisus maculiventris; hematophagy; peptides; Acrosternum hilare; Tenebrio molitor; diuretic hormone; larvae; Malpighian tubules; insects
- ... Spined soldier bugs, Podisus maculiventris, are heteropteran insects that feed voraciously on other insects, particular the soft bodied larval forms of Lepidoptera and Coleoptera. The response of P. maculiventris Malpighian tubules (MTs) to serotonin and known diuretic and antidiuretic peptides has been investigated, and is compared with that of MT from the hematophagous and phytophagous heteropte ...