Jump to Main Content
- Cardina John; Herms Catherine P.; Doohan Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...
- Mark M. Loux; Anthony F. Dobbels; Kevin W. Bradley; William G. Johnson; Bryan G. Young; Douglas J. Spaunhorst; Jason K. Norsworthy; Matheus Palhano; Lawrence E. Steckel
- Weed technology 2017 v.31 no.4 pp. 487-495
- Amaranthus palmeri; Amaranthus retroflexus; Amaranthus tuberculatus; Avena sativa; Glycine max; Lolium multiflorum; Raphanus sativus; Secale cereale; cover crops; crop yield; glufosinate; glyphosate; growing season; herbicide resistance; oats; radishes; rye; soybeans; weeds; Arkansas; Illinois; Indiana; Missouri; Ohio; Tennessee
- ... A field study was conducted for the 2014 and 2015 growing season in Arkansas, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio, and Tennessee to determine the effect of cereal rye and either oats, radish, or annual ryegrass on the control of Amaranthus spp. when integrated with comprehensive herbicide programs in glyphosate-resistant and glufosinate-resistant soybean. Amaranthus species included redroot pigweed, ...