Jump to Main Content
- Guo Jian-Ying; Wu Gang; Wan Fang-Hao
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1379-1385
- Bemisia tabaci; cotton; cryptic species; cultivars; fecundity; females; gossypol; insect pests; integrated pest management; life history; pest control; population growth; survival rate
- ... Use of plant secondary metabolic compounds is an important method for insect pest control. In this study, the survival, development, and reproduction of Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) MEAM1 cryptic species were compared over two consecutive generations on three cotton cultivars of different gossypol levels. Both cotton cultivar and generation significantly affected the fitness ...
- Jindal, Vikas; Dhaliwal, G.S.; Dhawan, A.K.; Dilawari, V.K.
- Phytoparasitica 2009 v.37 no.3 pp. 249-254
- Gossypium arboreum; Gossypium hirsutum; cotton; insect pests; Bemisia tabaci; pest resistance; resistance mechanisms; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; quantitative analysis; plant damage; genotype; cultivars; genetic variation; India