Jump to Main Content
- Hays, D.B.; Rose, P.; Abrams, S.R.; Moloney, M.M.
- Journal of plant growth regulation 1996 v.15 no.1 pp. 5-11
- messenger RNA; germination; dose response; embryo (plant); aldehydes; isomers; gene expression; genes; esters; Brassica napus; mutants; abscisic acid; molecular conformation; alcohols
- ... We have examined the effects of stereochemically pure analogs of abscisic acid (ABA) on three responses in Brassica napus microspore embryos. The analogs used include modifications to natural (S-) (+)-ABA (=N-ABA) at the C-1 and C-1' positions. At the C-1 position, the carboxylic acid function was replaced with an alcohol, aldehyde, or methyl ester functional group, and at the chiral C-1' position ...
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...