Jump to Main Content
- Liliya Georgievaa; Strahil Berkov; Violeta Kondakova; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...
- Bogdanova, Yuliyana; Stoeva, Tatyana; Yanev, Stanislav; Pandova, Bozhidarka; Molle, Emil; Burrus, Monique; Stanilova, Marina
- In vitro cellular & developmental biology 2009 v.45 no.4 pp. 458-465
- Leucojum aestivum; biosynthesis; bulbs; clones; industry; lycorine; raw materials; shoots; summer; Bulgaria
- ... The investigation deals with in vitro clonal propagation of L. aestivum L. (summer snowflake), a threatened Amaryllidaceae plant species in Bulgaria used in the pharmaceutical industry as raw material for production of galanthamine-based medicines. Plants of known origin and with different alkaloid profile were taken from the living collection of the Institute of Botany, Sofia. Bulbs were used to ...
- PubMed Central: