Jump to Main Content
- José Diógenes Pereira Neto; José Carlos Batista Dubeux; Francisco Fernando Ramos de Carvalho; Mércia Virginia Ferreira dos Santos; Martin Ruiz-Moreno; Erick Rodrigo da Silva Santos
- Small ruminant research 2019 v.175 pp. 7-14
- C3 plants; C4 plants; Cynodon; Medicago sativa; alfalfa; alfalfa hay; body weight; diet; digestibility; feces; grasses; grazing trials; lambs; males; models; neutral detergent fiber; ovens; rectum; stable isotopes
- ... Stable isotopes can be an important research tool to track C and N in grazing experiments. This study tested different proportions of C4 grass and legume and the correlation between dietary δ13C with fecal δ13C. Forty lambs, male, with average body weight of 20.4 kg, were randomized in a complete block design and fed Tifton-85 (Cynodon spp.) and Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) hays, at different levels ...
- Taras E. Lychuk; Robert L. Hill; Roberto C. Izaurralde; Bahram Momen; Allison M. Thomson
- Field crops research 2017 v.214 pp. 228-238
- C3 plants; C4 plants; Environmental Policy Integrated Climate Model; Glycine max; Medicago sativa; Pennisetum glaucum; Sorghum bicolor; Triticum aestivum; Zea mays; alfalfa; biochar; carbon dioxide; climate; climate change; climate models; corn; crop yield; farms; heat tolerance; irrigation; nutrient availability; photorespiration; soybeans; temperature; water use efficiency; weather; winter wheat; Southeastern United States
- ... The Environmental Policy Integrated Climate (EPIC) model was used to assess the impacts of climate change and proposed adaptation measures on yields of corn (Zea mays L.) and soybean (Glycine max L.) as well as aggregated yields of C3 [soybean, alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.), winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)] and C4 [corn, sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.), pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum L.)] crop t ...