Jump to Main Content
- Williamson, Tanja N.; Graham, Robert C.; Shouse, Peter J.
- Geoderma 2004 v.123 no.1-2 pp. 99-114
- Ehrharta calycina; bulk commodities; barley; long term experiments; soil water content; Hordeum vulgare; roots; A horizons; water repellent soils; soil depth; vegetation cover; chaparral; soil water; grasslands; chaparral soils; grassland soils; California
- ... Forty years after conversion from chaparral to perennial veldt grass in the San Dimas Experimental Forest, we compared land surface and soil properties between areas of the two vegetation types. Our objective was to evaluate the impact of this vegetation conversion on the soil physical properties likely to impact zero-order watershed hydrology. In three watersheds of each vegetation type, surface ...
- Cassandra L Swett; Bernice Porter; Gerda Fourie; Emma T Steenkamp; Thomas R Gordon; Michael J Wingfield
- Southern forests 2014 v.76 no.3 pp. 161-166
- Briza maxima; DNA; Ehrharta; Fusarium circinatum; Pinus; Pseudotsuga menziesii; disease occurrence; endophytes; forests; fungi; grasses; host range; hosts; inoculum; nucleotide sequences; pathogens; plantations; sanitation; virulence; California; South Africa
- ... The pitch canker pathogen, Fusarium circinatum , has major impacts on production in pine nurseries and plantations in South Africa. Thus far, efforts to reduce local spread have focused on rouging of infected pines and sanitation to eliminate local sources of inoculum. Although the host range of F. circinatum was thought to be limited to pines and Douglas-fir, recent studies in California indicate ...
- Courtenay A. Ray; Joel J. Sherman; Anna L. Godinho; Nikki Hanson; Ingrid M. Parker
- Invasive plant science and management 2018 v.11 no.1 pp. 40-48
- Clinopodium; Ehrharta; best management practices; community structure; forests; glyphosate; habitats; indigenous species; invasive species; labor; perennials; pesticide application; plants (botany); regrowth; species diversity; understory; vegetation cover; California
- ... Erect veldtgrass (Ehrharta erecta Lam.) is an invasive grass actively spreading in California that is capable of invading multiple habitats. Our objective is to contribute to a better understanding of the ecology, impacts, and potential for control of E. erecta in order to guide management practices. In a mixed-evergreen forest in Santa Cruz County, we measured impacts of E. erecta on native plant ...