Jump to Main Content
- A. R. Overman; M. A. Sanderson; R. M. Jones
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 541-545
- interspecific variation; cultivars; mathematical models; forage crops; Panicum coloratum; application rate; soil water content; Cynodon dactylon; arid zones; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; rain; growth models; Eragrostis curvula; Cenchrus ciliaris; nitrogen fertilizers; Texas
- ... Models provide a quantitative means to evaluate yield response of forage grasses to applied N and water availability. The objective of this analysis was to estimate model parameters (A, b, c) for bermu. dagrasses and bunchgrasses grown at the same location and during the same time period. The logistic equation was used to relate annual dry matter production to applied N for three bermudagrasses [C ...
- Mark A. Hussey; Elexis C. Bashaw
- Agronomy journal 1996 v.88 no.6 pp. 944-946
- Cenchrus ciliaris; winter hardiness; cultivars; genetic resistance; winter; seedlings; carbohydrates; crop yield; genotype; defoliation; chemical constituents of plants; mortality; Texas
- ... Lack of winter hardiness in buffelgrass [Cenchrus ciliaris L.; syn. Pennisetum ciliare (L.) Link] currently limits the utilization of this species in Texas and northern Mexico. This study was conducted to assess differences in field survival and yield potential of buffelgrass germplasm believed to have increased levels of winter hardiness. To document differences in field winter survival seedlings ...