Jump to Main Content
- Mariana Sá e Silva; Christian Mathieu-Benson; Yong-kuk Kwon; Mary Pantin-Jackwood; David E. Swayne
- Avian diseases 2011 v.55 no.3 pp. 459-461
- Anas; Influenza A virus; biological resistance; bird diseases; chickens; cinnamon; disease reservoirs; ducks; intranasal administration; pathogenicity; strains; virus transmission; viruses; wild birds; Bolivia; Chile
- ... Two different wild duck species common in Chile and neighboring countries, Chiloe wigeon (Anas sibilatrix) and cinnamon teal (Anas cyanoptera), were intranasally inoculated with 106 mean embryo infective dose (EID50) of the H7N3 low pathogenicity (LP) avian influenza virus (AIV) (A/chicken/Chile/176822/02) or high pathogenicity (HP) AIV (A/chicken/Chile/ 184240-1/02), in order to study the infecti ...
- Gisela González-Hein; Isabel Aguirre Gil; Rodolfo Sanchez; Bernardo Huaracan
- Journal of avian medicine and surgery 2019 v.33 no.2 pp. 141-149
- Aves polyomavirus 1; Beak and feather disease virus; beak; bird diseases; birds; feathers; genes; genetic variation; hosts; polymerase chain reaction; Chile
- ... Avian polyomavirus disease and psittacine beak and feather disease (PBFD) are both contagious viral diseases in psittacine birds with similar clinical manifestations and characterized by abnormal feathers. To determine the prevalence of Aves polyomavirus 1 (APyV) and beak and feather disease virus (BFDV) in captive, exotic psittacine birds in Chile, feathers from 250 psittacine birds, representing ...
- Cicchino, Armando C.; González-Acuña, Daniel
- Neotropical entomology 2009 v.38 no.4 pp. 504-507
- insect morphology; insect taxonomy; parasitoids; Fringillidae; host-parasite relationships; Philopteridae; bird diseases; new species; lice; new geographic records; Chile
- ... A new species of the genus Brueelia Kéler is described as parasitic on the Common Diuca-Finch, Diuca diuca diuca, based on specimens from three localities in Chile: Punitaqui (Coquimbo Province), La Rinconada (Colchagua Province) and Chillán (Ñuble Province). The species is fully described and illustrated, and brief comments on its morphological affinities with allied species are also made. ...