Jump to Main Content
- Becerra-Rodríguez, Salvador; Medina-Urrutia, Víctor Manuel; Robles-González, Marciano Manuel; Williams, Timothy
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 27-36
- tree growth; weight; cultivars; canopy; diameter; crop quality; tropics; tree trunk; agronomic traits; crop yield; Citrus maxima; color; grapefruit juice; Citrus paradisi; grapefruits; pummelos; Mexico
- ... Grapefruit growers in the tropics require information about existing and new citrus cultivars with high productivity potential. The objective of this study was to determine the growth, yield, and fruit quality performance of seven pigmented and four white grapefruit cultivars under the dry tropic conditions of Colima, Mexico. The trees were budded on sour orange (Citrus aurantium L.) rootstock and ...
- Emmanuel Aispuro-Hernández; Araceli Minerva Vera-Guzmán; Irasema Vargas-Arispuro; Miguel Ángel Martínez-Téllez
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.254 pp. 208-214
- Citrus paradisi; analysis of variance; beta-carotene; biosynthesis; chlorophyll; color; cultivars; enzymes; ethylene production; fruits; gene expression; genes; grapefruits; lycopene; peeling; pigments; postharvest storage; storage temperature; transcription (genetics); Mexico
- ... Grapefruit fruit (Citrus paradisi Macfad) are sensitive to postharvest temperature variations. In red grapefruit cultivars, peel color is a characteristic and important quality parameter that may undergo changes during storage due to alterations in the content of pigments. So far, it is not clear if the postharvest peel color variations in grapefruit are regulated at the transcriptional level due ...