Jump to Main Content
- Allan T. Showler
- Crop protection 2017 v.99 pp. 137-143
- Citrus paradisi; Mycosphaerella citri; canopy; corn meal; defoliation; field experimentation; fish oils; fruit yield; fungi; grapefruits; growing season; humic acids; islands; leaves; molasses; orchards; organic foods; organic production; spring; trees; vegetable oil; vigor; Caribbean; Central America; Mexico; Texas
- ... Greasy spot disease of citrus, caused by the fungus Mycosphaerella citri Whiteside, afflicts citrus trees in all citrus-growing areas of the United States, eastern Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean islands, causing premature defoliation, blemished fruit, and reduced tree vigor, yield, and fruit size. This three-year study investigated the effects of organic, nonconventional tactics using ...
- Becerra-Rodríguez, Salvador; Medina-Urrutia, Víctor Manuel; Robles-González, Marciano Manuel; Williams, Timothy
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 27-36
- tree growth; weight; cultivars; canopy; diameter; crop quality; tropics; tree trunk; agronomic traits; crop yield; Citrus maxima; color; grapefruit juice; Citrus paradisi; grapefruits; pummelos; Mexico
- ... Grapefruit growers in the tropics require information about existing and new citrus cultivars with high productivity potential. The objective of this study was to determine the growth, yield, and fruit quality performance of seven pigmented and four white grapefruit cultivars under the dry tropic conditions of Colima, Mexico. The trees were budded on sour orange (Citrus aurantium L.) rootstock and ...