Jump to Main Content
- Xiaojuan Yang; Qingping Wu; Jiahui Huang; Shi Wu; Jumei Zhang; Ling Chen; Xianhu Wei; Yingwang Ye; Yu Li; Juan Wang; Tao Lei; Liang Xue; Rui Pang; Youxiong Zhang
- Food control 2020 v.109 pp. 106915
- Coriandrum sativum; Salmonella; antibiotics; disease outbreaks; humans; lettuce; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; multiple drug resistance; nalidixic acid; public health; raw vegetables; serotypes; China
- ... Raw vegetables have been associated with numerous foodborne Salmonella outbreaks; however, there is little epidemiological or molecular data on Salmonella contaminants of raw vegetables in China. Here, we investigated the prevalence and molecular characteristics of Salmonella isolates from raw vegetables in China. In total, 406 raw vegetable samples were collected covering most provincial capitals ...
- Carlos A. Gomez-Aldapa; Esmeralda Rangel-Vargas; Ma Rufugio Torres-Vitela; Angelica Villarruel-Lopez; Otilio A. Acevedo-Sandoval; Alberto J. Gordiollo-Martinez; Angelica Godinez-Oviedo; Javier Castro-Rosas
- Journal of food protection 2018 v.81 no.2 pp. 209-217
- Coriandrum sativum; Escherichia coli O157; Hibiscus sabdariffa; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella; Shigella flexneri; Staphylococcus aureus; Vibrio cholerae O1; acetic acid; acetone; agar; analysis of variance; antibacterial properties; bacteria; calyx; cilantro; disease outbreaks; disinfection; ethyl acetate; food pathogens; foodborne illness; leaves; methanol; microbial contamination; pathotypes; peptones; plate count; romaine lettuce; sanitizers; serotypes; silver; sodium hypochlorite; spinach; tap water
- ... Leafy greens have been associated with foodborne disease outbreaks in different countries. To decrease microbial contamination of leafy greens, chemical agents are commonly used; however, a number of studies have shown these agents to have limited antimicrobial effect against pathogenic bacteria on vegetables. The objective of this study was to compare the antibacterial effect of Hibiscus sabdarif ...