Jump to Main Content
- Chenault, Kelly D.; Maas, Andrea L.; Damicone, John P.; Payton, Mark E.; Melouk, Hassan A.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 357-365
- Arachis hypogaea; peanuts; disease resistance; Sclerotinia minor; blight; fungal diseases of plants; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; DNA primers; genotype
- ... The production of cultivated peanut, an important agronomic crop throughout the United States and the world, is consistently threatened by various diseases and pests. Sclerotinia minor Jagger (S. minor), the causal agent of Sclerotinia blight, is a major threat to peanut production in the Southwestern US, Virginia and North Carolina. Although information on the variability of morphological traits ...
- Chen, Zhenbang; Wang, Ming Li; Barkley, Noelle A.; Pittman, Roy N.
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2010 v.28 no.3 pp. 542-548
- Arachis hypogaea; polymerase chain reaction; alleles; tetraploidy; oleic acid; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; cultivars; mutation; marker-assisted selection; gas chromatography; fatty acid composition; germplasm screening; DNA primers
- ... In cultivated tetraploid peanut (2n = 4x = 40, AABB), the conversion of oleic acid to linoleic acid is mainly catalyzed by the Δ¹² fatty acid desaturase (FAD). Two homoeologous genes (FAD2A and FAD2B) encoding for the desaturase are located on the A and B genomes, respectively. Abolishing or reducing the desaturase activity by gene mutation can significantly increase the oleic acid/linoleic acid r ...
- Xuanqiang Liang; Xiaoping Chen; Yanbin Hong; Haiyan Liu; Guiyuan Zhou; Shaoxiong Li; Baozhu Guo
- BMC plant biology 2009 v.9 no.1 pp. 35
- sequence analysis; microsatellite repeats; peanuts; alleles; point mutation; DNA primers; expressed sequence tags; genotype; genetic variation; Arachis hypogaea; wild relatives; genetic polymorphism; genetic markers
- ... BACKGROUND: Lack of sufficient molecular markers hinders current genetic research in peanuts (Arachis hypogaea L.). It is necessary to develop more molecular markers for potential use in peanut genetic research. With the development of peanut EST projects, a vast amount of available EST sequence data has been generated. These data offered an opportunity to identify SSR in ESTs by data mining. RESU ...
- PubMed Central: