Jump to Main Content
- Chatterji, Dipankar; Ogawa, Yoshito; Shimada, Tomohiro; Ishihama, Akira
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.267 no.1 pp. 51-55
- messenger RNA; starvation; stress response; DNA microarrays; gene expression; ribosomal proteins; operon; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; Escherichia coli
- ... The rpoZ gene for the omega subunit of Escherichia coli RNA polymerase constitutes single operon with the spoT gene, which is responsible for the maintenance of stringent response under nutrient starvation conditions. To identify the physiological role of the omega subunit, we compared the gene expression profile of wild-type Escherichia coli with that of an rpoZ deleted strain by microarray analy ...
- Masahito SUGIURA; Hirofumi AIBA; Takeshi MIZUNO
- Bioscience, biotechnology, and biochemistry 2003 v.67 no.7 pp. 1612-1615
- DNA microarrays; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; Escherichia coli; biotechnology; stress response
- ... The rpoS-encoded σS subunit of RNA polymerase regulates the expression of stationary phase and stress response genes in Escherichia coli. Recent study of our DNA microarray analysis suggested that the rpoS expression is affected by multiple two-component systems. In this study, we identified two-component-system mutants in which the rpoS expression increased. The regulatory manner of the systems o ...