Jump to Main Content
- Adilson Ricken Schuelter; Alexander Dimitrov Kroumov; Camila Larissa Hinterholz; Adriana Fiorini; Daniela Estelita Goes Trigueros; Eliane Gruska Vendruscolo; Maya Margaritova Zaharieva; Aparecido Nivaldo Módenes
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 28-39
- Chlorella; Desmodesmus; Micractinium; Tetradesmus; antibacterial properties; bacterial growth; bioactive compounds; biomass; engineering; food pathogens; genomics; growth retardation; hydrophilicity; lighting; metabolites; microalgae; ribosomal DNA; virulent strains
- ... This paper presents a strategy for isolation, identification and evaluation of microalgae strains synthesizing biologically active compounds (BAC) with antimicrobial activity against food-borne and other pathogens. Water samples containing microalgae were initially submitted to the enrichment process, followed by standard procedure for obtaining pure culture. Purified DNA from the microalgae isola ...
- Aigars Lavrinovičs; Linda Mežule; Tālis Juhna
- Algal research 2020 v.52 pp. 102090
- Chlorella; Desmodesmus; Tetradesmus; ambient temperature; biomass; carbon dioxide; cells; correlation; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; inorganic phosphorus; microalgae; municipal wastewater; pH; research; starvation; strains; wastewater treatment
- ... Three microalgal species, Desmodesmus communis, Tetradesmus obliquus and Chlorella protothecoides were studied for enhanced phosphorus removal from municipal wastewater. Microalgae were first exposed to phosphorus deficit conditions for 7 and 14 days and then inoculated in filtered primary or secondary wastewater from a small municipal wastewater treatment plant at ambient temperature and CO₂ conc ...