Jump to Main Content
- Scheideler, S.E.; Hileman, R.E.; Weber, T.; Robeson, L.; Hartnell, G.F.
- Poultry science 2008 v.87 no.6 pp. 1089-1097
- feeds; laying hens; digestibility; liveweight gain; disease resistance; detection; feed supplements; hen feeding; cultivars; Zea mays; insect pests; corn; feed intake; food safety; adverse effects; protein supplements; liver; transgenic plants; egg production; Diabrotica
- ... Two trials were conducted to assess the fate of the Cry3Bb1 protein from YieldGard rootworm corn (MON 863) when fed to laying hens. In the first trial, 2 diets, 1 formulated with MON 863 and 1 with conventional corn, were fed to laying hens (12 replicate cages with 4 hens/cage per treatment) for 8 wk. Daily feed intake (FI), egg production (EP), and BW were measured. Prestudy fecal samples, wk 4 a ...
- Jackson D. Michael; Harrison Howard F.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1456-1462
- Agricultural Research Service; Chaetocnema confinis; Cylas formicarius elegantulus; Diabrotica; Elateridae; Phyllophaga; Systena; beetle infestations; breeding programs; cultivars; field experimentation; genotype; germplasm; insect larvae; insect pests; insect resistance; roots; soil insects; sweet potatoes; South Carolina
- ... Fifty-nine sweetpotato cultivars, including 16 heirlooms, 11 near-heirlooms (developed in the 1960s and 1970s), 19 cultivars from the 1980s, and 13 modern varieties (since 1990), were evaluated for resistance to soil insects in field experiments during 2010–2011 at the U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agriculture Research Service, U.S. Vegetable Laboratory (USDA-ARS, USVL), Charleston, SC. These exp ...