Jump to Main Content
- Alexandru Buna; Erzsébet Domokos; Livia Daniela Donescu; Elena Maria Ianoși
- Acta Universitatis Sapientiae. Agriculture and environment 2017 v.8 no.1 pp. 50-61
- Elateridae; biomass; cultivars; larvae; pathogens; pests; potatoes; silver scurf; storage time; tubers
- ... The aim of this work was to assess quality deficiencies in three potato cultivars (Christian, Roclas, and Cumidava) during the storage period. According to the results, the Roclas presented the highest level of susceptibility to pathogens; this, however, can be attributed to the dry rot that causes greater damage in this cultivar. No significant positive correlations between the plant’s vegetative ...
- Jackson D. Michael; Harrison Howard F.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1456-1462
- Agricultural Research Service; Chaetocnema confinis; Cylas formicarius elegantulus; Diabrotica; Elateridae; Phyllophaga; Systena; beetle infestations; breeding programs; cultivars; field experimentation; genotype; germplasm; insect larvae; insect pests; insect resistance; roots; soil insects; sweet potatoes; South Carolina
- ... Fifty-nine sweetpotato cultivars, including 16 heirlooms, 11 near-heirlooms (developed in the 1960s and 1970s), 19 cultivars from the 1980s, and 13 modern varieties (since 1990), were evaluated for resistance to soil insects in field experiments during 2010–2011 at the U.S. Department of Agriculture-Agriculture Research Service, U.S. Vegetable Laboratory (USDA-ARS, USVL), Charleston, SC. These exp ...