Jump to Main Content
- Duraisamy Elango; Velu Manikandan; Palaniyappan Jayanthi; Palanivel Velmurugan; Balasubramanian Balamuralikrishnan; Arumugam Veera Ravi; Muthugounder Subramaniam Shivakumar
- Current plant biology 2020 v.23 pp. 100153
- Aspergillus sojae; Escherichia coli; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Gossypium; Plectranthus amboinicus; Spodoptera littoralis; Spodoptera litura; Staphylococcus aureus; antibiotics; bacteria; bioassays; biological control agents; endophytes; extracellular enzymes; fungi; insect control; insect pests; insecticide resistance; instars; integrated pest management; medicinal plants; oregano; phylogeny; secondary metabolites; sequence homology
- ... This study was intended to isolate and investigate endophytic fungi and its metabolite as an active biocontrol agent. Endophytic fungal secondary metabolites are considered as an effective and environmentally friendly alternative to synthetic chemicals for integrated pest management. In this study, different parts of medicinal plant Plectranthus amboinicus (Oregano) were selected to isolate twenty ...
- Muhammad Saeed; Rob W. Briddon; Athanasios Dalakouras; Gabi Krczal; Michael Wassenegger
- Biology 2015 v.4 no.4 pp. 697-714
- Cauliflower mosaic virus; Cotton leaf curl Kokhran virus; Escherichia coli; Gossypium; Nicotiana benthamiana; RNA interference; abnormal development; cotton; dexamethasone; double-stranded RNA; gene expression; leaf curling; mechanism of action; single-stranded DNA; transactivators; South Asia
- ... In South Asia, Cotton leaf curl disease (CLCuD) is caused by a complex of phylogenetically-related begomovirus species and a specific betasatellite, Cotton leaf curl Multan betasatellite (CLCuMuB). The post-transcriptional gene silencing (PTGS) suppression activities of the transcriptional activator protein (TrAP), C4, V2 and βC1 proteins encoded by Cotton leaf curl Kokhran virus (CLCuKoV)/CLCuMuB ...
- PubMed Central: