Jump to Main Content
- R. Jindal; R.K. Thakur; Uday Bhan Singh; A.S. Ahluwalia
- Chemistry in ecology 2014 v.30 no.4 pp. 328-338
- Ankistrodesmus falcatus; Arthrospira; Chlamydomonas; Chlorella vulgaris; Eudorina; Euglena; Microcystis aeruginosa; Navicula; Oscillatoria limosa; Oscillatoria princeps; Oxyuris; Scenedesmus; Spirulina; Synedra ulna; World Health Organization; alkalinity; biochemical oxygen demand; carbon dioxide; chlorophyll; drinking water; irrigation water; lakes; nitrates; perennials; phytoplankton; pollution control; species diversity; surveys; temperature; India
- ... Rewalsar Lake, a mid-altitude, shallow and recreational water body located in the north-western Himalayas, Himachal Pradesh (India) was studied through monthly surveys in two consecutive years (March 2008 to February 2010). Forty-seven species belonging to seven groups of phytoplankton were identified from the lake. Microcystis aeruginosa and Synedra ulna exhibited a perennial habit. Ankistrodesmu ...
- Arora, Jyoti; Mehra, N. K.
- Hydrobiologia 2009 v.626 no.1 pp. 27-40
- nutrient content; cations; watersheds; seasonal variation; Microcystis aeruginosa; groundwater; biochemical oxygen demand; zooplankton; interspecific variation; lakes; Mesocyclops; multivariate analysis; surface water; water quality; community structure; species diversity; chemical oxygen demand; Brachionus; silicates; physicochemical properties; environmental factors; rain; nitrates; India
- ... Old Fort Lake, a small (1.6 ha), shallow, and recreational water body in Delhi (India) was studied through monthly surveys in two consecutive years (January, 2000-December, 2001). Precipitation is the major source of water for this closed basin lake. In addition, ground water is used for replenishing the lake regularly. This alkaline, hyposaline hard water lake contains very high ionic concentrati ...