Jump to Main Content
- Wen-xuan Li; Ping Qian; Yi-tong Guo; Li Gu; Jessore Jurat; Yang Bai; Dong-fang Zhang
- BMC complementary medicine and therapies 2021 v.21 no.1 pp. 242
- Liquidambar formosana; Oriental traditional medicine; Western blotting; alternative medicine; blood serum; cartilage; caspase-1; ethyl acetate; humans; inflammasomes; inflammation; models; pain; petroleum; pharmacology; placebos; protective effect; rheumatoid arthritis
- ... BACKGROUND: Liquidambaris Fructus (LF) is the infructescence of Liquidambar formosana. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, LF has been used to treat joint pain, a common symptom of arthritis and rheumatism; however, a lack of pharmacological evidence has limited its applications in modern clinics. Therefore, this study aims to explore the protective effect of LF on rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to id ...
- Hu Wen-Jun; Wu Qian; Liu Xiang; Shen Zhi-Jun; Chen Juan; Liu Ting-Wu; Zhu Chun-Quan; Wu Fei-Hua; Chen Lin; Wei Jia; Qiu Xiao-Yun; Shen Guo-Xin; Zheng Hai-Lei
- Journal of Proteome Research 2016 v.15 no.1 pp. 216-228
- Calvin cycle; Liquidambar formosana; Western blotting; acid deposition; antioxidant activity; calcium; chlorophyll; energy; forest health; forest trees; genes; leaching; leaves; protective effect; protein synthesis; proteins; proteome; proteomics; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reactive oxygen species; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; soil; translation (genetics); woody plants
- ... Acid rain (AR) impacts forest health by leaching calcium (Ca) away from soils and plants. Ca is an essential element and participates in various plant physiological responses. In the present study, the protective role of exogenous Ca in alleviating AR stress in Liquidambar formosana Hance at the physiological and proteomic levels was examined. Our results showed that low Ca condition resulted in t ...