Jump to Main Content
- Laura L. Bassel; Emily I. Kaufman; Sarah Nicole A. Alsop; Kevin J. Stinson; Joanne Hewson; Shayan Sharif; Ksenia Vulikh; Laura Siracusa; Mary Ellen Clark; Jeff L. Caswell
- Veterinary microbiology 2019 v.234 pp. 34-43
- Mannheimia haemolytica serotype 1; aerosols; antibodies; blood serum; bovine respiratory disease; bronchopneumonia; calves; colostrum; disease models; distress; fibrinogen; haptoglobins; histology; leukotoxins; lungs; nasal cavity; necrosis; neutrophils; oats; pathogenesis; pleurisy; serotypes; temperature
- ... Mannheimia haemolytica is an important cause of bovine respiratory disease (BRD). BRD is usually a multifactorial disease with host factors and viral infections influencing pathogenesis. Previous studies that have attempted to experimentally induce pneumonia using aerosolized M. haemolytica alone have produced inconsistent results, yet an aerosol model would be useful to study the details of early ...
- McNeil, Heather J.; Shewen, Patricia E.; Lo, Reggie Y.C.; Conlon, Jennifer A.; Miller, Michael W.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2002 v.90 no.1-2 pp. 107-110
- Mannheimia haemolytica serotype 1; Pasteurella trehalosi; Western blotting; disease control; fibrinogen; pneumonia; serotypes; virulence
- ... Fibrinogen-binding proteins were found in the culture supernatants of Mannheimia haemolytica serotype 1 (ATCC 43270) and Pasteurella trehalosi serotype 10 (ECO-100). Sheep fibrinogen was biotinylated and shown to bind to proteins in the culture supernatants by modified western blot. Fibrinogen-binding proteins in the culture supernatant may be important virulence factors leading to the characteris ...