Jump to Main Content
- Vanda Carmo; Tracey Sutton; Gui Menezes; Tone Falkenhaug; Odd Aksel Bergstad
- Progress in oceanography 2015 v.130 pp. 172-187
- Amphipoda; Argyropelecus hemigymnus; Copepoda; Maurolicus muelleri; Myctophidae; Sternoptyx; Vinciguerria; body weight; carbon; carbon cycle; diet; eating habits; fish; fish communities; latitude; nekton; ontogeny; phenotypic variation; quantitative analysis; stomach; taxonomy
- ... Comprehensive trophic studies in the vast mid-oceanic regions are rare compared to coastal and fisheries-oriented investigations. Field sampling conducted by the multidisciplinary, international Census of Marine Life project MAR-ECO, namely the 2004 G.O. Sars cruise, has generated one of the largest open ocean deep-pelagic sample collections ever obtained. With the overall goal of understanding ca ...
- P. Battaglia; G. Ammendolia; V. Esposito; T. Romeo; F. Andaloro
- Journal of ichthyology 2018 v.58 no.1 pp. 8-16
- Chauliodus sloani; Cyclothone; Maurolicus muelleri; Myctophidae; Paralepididae; Vinciguerria; autumn; cannibalism; ecology; energy; fauna; feeding methods; fish; food composition; spring; stomach; Mediterranean Sea
- ... The trophic ecology of Chauliodus sloani (Stomiidae) was thoroughly investigated by stomach content analysis for the first time in the Mediterranean. Overall 206 individuals (64.0–260.0 mm SL) were collected from 2013 to 2015. C. sloani can be defined a specialist predator which feeds exclusively on mesopelagic fish belonging to Gonostomatidae, Myctophidae, Paralepididae, Phosichthyidae, Sternopty ...