Jump to Main Content
- Adilson Ricken Schuelter; Alexander Dimitrov Kroumov; Camila Larissa Hinterholz; Adriana Fiorini; Daniela Estelita Goes Trigueros; Eliane Gruska Vendruscolo; Maya Margaritova Zaharieva; Aparecido Nivaldo Módenes
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 28-39
- Chlorella; Desmodesmus; Micractinium; Tetradesmus; antibacterial properties; bacterial growth; bioactive compounds; biomass; engineering; food pathogens; genomics; growth retardation; hydrophilicity; lighting; metabolites; microalgae; ribosomal DNA; virulent strains
- ... This paper presents a strategy for isolation, identification and evaluation of microalgae strains synthesizing biologically active compounds (BAC) with antimicrobial activity against food-borne and other pathogens. Water samples containing microalgae were initially submitted to the enrichment process, followed by standard procedure for obtaining pure culture. Purified DNA from the microalgae isola ...
- Ana T. Couto; Martim Cardador; Sergio Santorio; Luz Arregui; Benedetto Sicuro; Anuska Mosquera‐Corral; Paula M. L. Castro; Catarina L. Amorim
- Journal of applied microbiology 2022 v.132 no.2 pp. 1543-1556
- Chlorella; Chlorosarcinopsis; Desmodesmus; Micractinium; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Parachlorella; Scenedesmus; ammonium; biomass; bioremediation; drums (equipment); freshwater; freshwater aquaculture; genes; microalgae; microbiology; nitrates; nitrites; nutrient content; phylogeny; phytoplankton; sludge; wastewater; Spain
- ... AIMS: Microalgae are ubiquitous in aquatic environments, including aquaculture farms, but few studies have delved into their phytoplankton diversity and bioremediation potential. In this study, the cultivable phytoplankton of a rainbow trout freshwater aquaculture farm was isolated, phylogenetically analysed and used to assemble a consortium to polish an aquaculture‐derived effluent, with low conc ...