Jump to Main Content
- Jyothilakshmi Vadassery; Daniel J. Ballhorn; Steven R. Fleming; Christian Mazars; Shree P. Pandey; Axel Schmidt; Meredith C. Schuman; Kai-Wun Yeh; Ayufu Yilamujiang; Axel Mithöfer
- Journal of plant growth regulation 2019 v.38 no.2 pp. 713-722
- Ipomoea batatas; Nepenthes alata; Nicotiana attenuata; Nicotiana tabacum; Phaseolus lunatus; Picea abies; Populus trichocarpa; Triticum aestivum; aspartic proteinases; calcium; cell culture; enzyme activity; gene expression; gene induction; jasmonic acid; mutants; nectar secretion; nectaries; neomycin; plant hormones; secondary metabolites; signal transduction; sporamin
- ... Jasmonates are important phytohormones involved in both plant developmental processes as well as defense reactions. Many JA-mediated plant defense responses have been studied in model plants using mutants of the jasmonate signaling pathway. However, in plant species where JA-signaling mutants are not accessible, the availability of a tool targeting JA signaling is crucial to investigate jasmonate- ...
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...