Jump to Main Content
- Peng-Cheng LIN; Lin-Lin JI; Xiang-Jian ZHONG; Jin-Jie LI; Xin WANG; Xiao-Ya SHANG; Sheng LIN
- Chinese journal of natural medicines 2019 v.17 no.1 pp. 22-26
- Cirsium arvense; Oriental traditional medicine; animal ovaries; antineoplastic activity; cell lines; chemical structure; colorectal neoplasms; cytotoxicity; food plants; humans; inhibitory concentration 50; ovarian neoplasms; secretion; spectral analysis; triterpenoids; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Guided by TNF-α secretion inhibitory activity assay, four taraxastane-type triterpenoids, including two new ones, 22-oxo-20-taraxasten-3β, 30-diol (1) and 22α-hydroxy-20-taraxasten-30β, 30-triol (2), have been obtained from an active fraction of the petroleum ether-soluble extract of the the medicinal and edible plant Cirsium setosum. Their structures were elucidated by spectroscopic data and CD d ...
- Shengli Gao; Hideo Satsu; Toshiaki Makino
- Natural medicines 2018 v.72 no.2 pp. 530-536
- Zingiber officinale; inhibitory concentration 50; mechanism of action; Saposhnikovia divaricata; metabolic syndrome; drugs; cytotoxicity; high fructose corn syrup; plant ovary; beverages; glucose transporters; intestinal absorption; intestines; animal ovaries; obesity; rhizomes; fructose; Chinese hamsters; Platycodon grandiflorus; Oriental traditional medicine
- ... Bofutsushosan (BTS; fang feng tong sheng san in Chinese) is a formula in traditional Japanese Kampo medicine and Chinese medicine comprising eighteen crude drugs, and is used to treat obesity and metabolic syndrome. Fructose is contained in refreshing beverages as high-fructose corn syrup, and is associated with obesity. Fructose is absorbed via glucose transporter 5 (GLUT5) in the intestine. Ther ...