Jump to Main Content
- Lloyd, D.H.; Lamport, A.I.
- Veterinary record 1999 v.144 no.19 pp. 536-537
- Staphylococcus intermedius; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Malassezia pachydermatis; chlorhexidine
- Swinney, Alison; Fazakerley, Jennifer; McEwan, Neil; Nuttall, Tim
- Veterinary dermatology 2008 v.19 no.6 pp. 373-379
- etiology; veterinary drugs; Staphylococcus intermedius; in vitro culture; bacterial colonization; antibiotics; dog diseases; dogs; drug evaluation; otitis externa; Malassezia pachydermatis; drug formulations; in vitro studies; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; bacterial infections; topical application; antibacterial properties
- ... The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial efficacy of ear cleaners against Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Malassezia pachydermatis. Single isolates of each organism were incubated in duplicate at 38 °C for 30 min with each ear cleaner diluted 1/2 to1/256 in phosphate-buffered saline. Positive and negative controls were included. Aliquots were then incubated for ...
- Pietschmann, Silvia; Hoffmann, Katrin; Voget, Michael; Pison, Ulrich
- Veterinary research communications 2009 v.33 no.6 pp. 489-505
- miconazole; polymyxin B; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; yeasts; minimum inhibitory concentration; flow cytometry; Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus intermedius; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Malassezia pachydermatis; drug synergism; antifungal properties; antibacterial properties; combination drug therapy
- ... The therapeutic value of antibiotics depends on the susceptibility of the infecting microorganism and the pharmacological profile of the drugs. To assess the value of an antibiotic combination of polymyxin B and miconazole this study examined the in vitro synergistic potential of the two drugs on Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and yeast. Antifungal and antibacterial activity was tested b ...
- PubMed Central: