Jump to Main Content
- Jasper Wattjes; Anna Niehues; Stefan Cord-Landwehr; Janina Hoßbach; Laurent David; Thierry Delair; Bruno M. Moerschbacher
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2019 v.141 no.7 pp. 3137-3145
- Pestalotiopsis; Podospora anserina; Puccinia graminis; acetylation; bioactive properties; biopolymers; chemical analysis; chitin; chitosan; enzymes; fungi; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polymerization
- ... Chitosans, a family of ß-(1,4)-linked, partially N-acetylated polyglucosamines, are considered to be among the most versatile and most promising functional biopolymers. Chemical analysis and bioactivity studies revealed that the functionalities of chitosans strongly depend on the polymers’ degree of polymerization and fraction of acetylation. More recently, the pattern of acetylation (PA) has been ...
- El Gueddari, N.E.; Rauchhaus, U.; Moerschbacher, B.M.; Deising, H.B.
- New phytologist 2002 v.156 no.1 pp. 103-112
- Puccinia graminis; Uromyces viciae-fabae; Glomerella graminicola; biological development; cell walls; chitin; chitosan; immunocytochemistry; host plants; infection; plant cuticle; hyphae; cell wall components
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 126.96.36.199) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...