Jump to Main Content
- Tomomasa Matsuyama; Natsumi Sano; Tomokazu Takano; Takamitsu Sakai; Motoshige Yasuike; Atushi Fujiwara; Yasuhiko Kawato; Jun Kurita; Kazunori Yoshida; Yukinori Shimada; Chihaya Nakayasu
- Vaccine 2018 v.36 no.19 pp. 2643-2649
- Infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus; Seriola dumerili; Seriola quinqueradiata; antibodies; antigens; blood serum; case studies; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fish; genes; immune response; models; pathogens; prediction; protective effect; recombinant vaccines; screening; sorbents; vaccine development
- ... Predicting antigens that would be protective is crucial for the development of recombinant vaccine using genome based vaccine development, also known as reverse vaccinology. High-throughput antigen screening is effective for identifying vaccine target genes, particularly for pathogens for which minimal antigenicity data exist. Using red sea bream iridovirus (RSIV) as a research model, we developed ...
- Yasuhiko Kawato; Takafumi Ito; Takashi Kamaishi; Atushi Fujiwara; Mitsuru Ototake; Toshihiro Nakai; Kazuhiro Nakajima
- Aquaculture 2016 v.450 pp. 308-312
- DNA; Infectious spleen and kidney necrosis virus; Seriola quinqueradiata; aquaculture; detection limit; fish diseases; flocculation; genome; monitoring; mortality; pathogens; prediction; quantitative analysis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rearing; seawater; viruses; Japan
- ... Pathogen dynamics in environmental water are considered to be highly associated with the prevalence of fish disease. To examine the dynamics of red sea bream iridovirus (RSIV), which has caused serious damage in marine aquacultures in Japan, we developed a highly sensitive and quantitative method by combining the viral concentration and real-time PCR to detect the virus in seawater. The iron flocc ...