Jump to Main Content
- Matthew Geary; Alan H. Fielding; Stuart J. Marsden
- Oecologia 2012 v.168 no.1 pp. 73-81
- Tetrao; Tetrix; correlation; females; grouse; landscapes; longevity; males; monitoring; population growth; population size; weather; Scotland
- ... We interrogate an 18-year-long dataset containing counts of displaying male black grouse Tetrao tetrix and incidental counts of females within an 800-km2 region of Perthshire, Scotland. We examine the trends in the population and investigate how different components of the population might act as signposts of different stages of overall population change. We found statistical evidence for a declin ...
- Patrick J.C. White; Philip Warren; David Baines
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.308 pp. 145-152
- Tetrao; agricultural land; forest habitats; forestry; forests; grouse; heathlands; issues and policy; planting; treeline; Scotland
- ... Increasing forest cover has been the policy of various countries in recent decades. The Scottish government aims to increase national forest cover from 18% to 25% by 2050. Mid-altitude upland areas above farmland and below the natural tree line will be targeted for planting, which could impact black grouse Tetrao tetrix, a species of conservation concern which is most abundant in this zone. We use ...