Jump to Main Content
- Brewer Michael J.; Armstrong J. Scott; Parker Roy D.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1310-1316
- Creontiades; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; cotton; cultivars; insects; models; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant response; regression analysis; Texas
- ... The ability to monitor verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus Distant (Hemiptera: Miridae), and the progression of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., boll responses to feeding and associated cotton boll rot provided opportunity to assess if single in-season measurements had value in evaluating at-harvest damage to bolls and if multiple in-season measurements enhanced their combined use. One in-season v ...
- James P. Glover; Enrique G. Medrano; Thomas Isakeit; Michael J. Brewer
- Journal of economic entomology 2019 v.113 no.2 pp. 793-799
- Creontiades; Gossypium; Serratia marcescens; adults; antibiotic resistance; bolls; cotton; cottonseed; disease transmission; field experimentation; insects; plant pathogenic bacteria; rifampicin; vigor; Texas
- ... Field experiments and supporting laboratory work were conducted to characterize the ability of the verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus (Distant), a boll-feeding sucking bug, to transmit a cotton seed and boll rot bacterial pathogen, Serratia marcescens (Bizio) (Enterobacteriales: Enterobacteriaceae). Serratia marcescens was originally isolated from bolls infested with verde plant bug in south Te ...