Jump to Main Content
- Ciuffo, M.; Mautino, G.C.; Bosco, L.; Turina, M.; Tavella, L.
- Annals of applied biology 2010 v.157 no.2 pp. 299-307
- Fallopia convolvulus; Frankliniella occidentalis; Polygonum; Thrips tabaci; Western blotting; adults; cytochrome-c oxidase; insects; larvae; leaves; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; viruses
- ... Dictyothrips betae (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) is the predominant thrips species on Polygonum convolvulus and Polygonum dumetorum plants infected with a recently described tospovirus species, Polygonum ring spot virus (PolRSV). Laboratory transmission experiments (leaf disk assays) with adults collected directly in the field demonstrated the competence of this thrips to transmit PolRSV, although onl ...
- Hoedjes, K.; Verhoeven, J.T.J.; Goldbach, R.; Peters, D.
- Acta horticulturae 2011 v. no.901 pp. 199-206
- foregut; seedlings; Western blotting; Thrips tabaci; antibodies; midgut; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; viruses; Alstroemeria; leaves; ornamental plants; Datura stramonium; myocytes; onions; weeds; Emilia sonchifolia; Iris yellow spot tospovirus; proteins; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; Eustoma; Allium; crops; Netherlands
- ... Since its first detection in the Netherlands in 1992, Iris yellow spot virus (IYSV, genus Tospovirus) has been reported worldwide in Allium crops, in a few ornamentals and in a small number of weeds. After recent findings of IYSV in Alstroemeria and Eustoma in the Netherlands, a number of neighbouring onion fields were surveyed. In 2005 and 2006, only few infected plants were found with obvious sy ...