Jump to Main Content
- A. Hassani-Mehraban; A. M. Dullemans; J. Th. J. Verhoeven; J. W. Roenhorst; D. Peters; R. A. A. van der Vlugt; R. Kormelink
- Archives of virology 2019 v.164 no.1 pp. 117-126
- Alstroemeria; Polygonum; RNA; Thrips tabaci; amino acids; antigens; basins; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; host range; leaves; molecular cloning; nucleocapsid; nucleotide sequences; nucleotides; polyclonal antibodies; provenance; ribonucleoproteins; sequence alignment; viruses; Middle East
- ... An orthotospovirus distinct from all other orthotospoviruses was isolated from naturally infected alstroemeria plants. Disease symptoms caused by this virus mainly consisted of yellow spots on the leaves based on which the name alstroemeria yellow spot virus (AYSV) was coined. A host range analysis was performed and a polyclonal antiserum was produced against purified AYSV ribonucleoproteins which ...
- PubMed Central:
- Ciuffo, M.; Mautino, G.C.; Bosco, L.; Turina, M.; Tavella, L.
- Annals of applied biology 2010 v.157 no.2 pp. 299-307
- Fallopia convolvulus; Frankliniella occidentalis; Polygonum; Thrips tabaci; Western blotting; adults; cytochrome-c oxidase; insects; larvae; leaves; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; viruses
- ... Dictyothrips betae (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) is the predominant thrips species on Polygonum convolvulus and Polygonum dumetorum plants infected with a recently described tospovirus species, Polygonum ring spot virus (PolRSV). Laboratory transmission experiments (leaf disk assays) with adults collected directly in the field demonstrated the competence of this thrips to transmit PolRSV, although onl ...