Jump to Main Content
- Chang, S.X.; Preston, C.M.
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2000 v.30 no.9 pp. 1379-1388
- Thuja plicata; interspecific variation; diameter; nitrogen content; isotope labeling; chemical constituents of plants; nitrogen; nutrient availability; plant characteristics; height; vegetation; forest plantations; ammonium sulfate; Tsuga heterophylla; Picea sitchensis; leaves; understory; British Columbia
- Chang, S.X.; Preston, C.M.; McCullough, K.; Weetman, G.F.; Barker, J.
- Canadian journal of forest research 1996 v.26 no.2 pp. 313-321
- Picea sitchensis; Thuja plicata; Tsuga heterophylla; clearcutting; understory; plant competition; Gaultheria shallon; nitrogen fertilizers; ammonium sulfate; nitrogen; nutrient content; soil chemistry; chemical constituents of plants
- ... Fertilizer labeled with 15N was used to study the fate of N in forest soil-plant systems with (control) and without competition (treated) from an ericaceous evergreen shrub, salal (Gaultheria shallon Pursh), on a western red cedar (Thuja plicata Donn ex D. Don) -- western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla (Raf.) Sarg.) clear-cut site on northern Vancouver Island. Fertilizer was applied in April 1991 at ...