Jump to Main Content
- B. Moerschbacher; K. H. Kogel; U. Noll; H. J. Reisener
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.41 no.9-10 pp. 830-838
- Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; alkali treatment; chitosan; elicitors; extracellular space; galactose; gel chromatography; germ tube; glucans; glucose; glycoproteins; heat stability; hypersensitive response; leaves; lignification; molecular weight; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; plant pathogenic fungi; rust diseases; ultrafiltration; urediniospores; wheat
- ... Several biotic and abiotic clicitors of the hypersensitive reaction in wheat leaves are described. The elicitors induce enhanced activity of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase with subsequent lignification, visible as a yellow autofluorescence. The deposited material stains positively with phloroglucinol. DEAE-dextran, epoxystearic acid and chitosan are strong elicitors, while the glucans tested have no ...
- Bohland, C.; Balkenhohl, T.; Loers, G.; Feussner, I.; Grambow, H.J.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 679-685
- protein synthesis; dose response; chitosan; seedlings; jasmonic acid; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; Puccinia graminis; Triticum aestivum; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; oligosaccharides; chitin; enzyme activity; isozymes; protein composition
- ... A glycopeptide elicitor prepared from germ tubes of the rust fungus Puccinia graminis Pers. f. sp. tritici Erikss. & Henn (Pgt),as well as chitin oligosaccharides, chitosan, and methyl jasmonate (MJ) stimulated lipoxygenase (LOX) activity (E.C. 184.108.40.206) in wheat (Triticum aestivum) leaves. Immunoblot analysis using anti-LOX antibodies revealed the induction of 92- and 103-kD LOX species after P ...