Jump to Main Content
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...
- Harminder Pal Singh; Shalinder Kaur; Sunil Mittal; Daizy R. Batish; Ravinder K. Kohli
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.63 no.9-10 pp. 663-666
- Artemisia scoparia; Avena sativa; Triticum aestivum; alcohols; chlorophyll; dose response; essential oils; esters; germination; ketones; leaves; limonene; myrcene; oils; p-cymene; phytotoxicity; seedling growth; sesquiterpenoids; weeds
- ... The phytotoxicity of the three major monoterpene constituents of the essential oil from leaves of Artemisia scoparia Waldst. & Kit. (redstem wormwood) was investigated. GC/GCMS analysis revealed that the essential oil (yield 0.84%) is a complex mixture containing 19 monoterpenes, 7 sesquiterpenes and 15 other compounds - aliphatic alcohols, ketones, aromatic hydrocarbons and esters. The three majo ...