Jump to Main Content
- Ciuffo, M.; Mautino, G.C.; Bosco, L.; Turina, M.; Tavella, L.
- Annals of applied biology 2010 v.157 no.2 pp. 299-307
- Fallopia convolvulus; Frankliniella occidentalis; Polygonum; Thrips tabaci; Western blotting; adults; cytochrome-c oxidase; insects; larvae; leaves; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; viruses
- ... Dictyothrips betae (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) is the predominant thrips species on Polygonum convolvulus and Polygonum dumetorum plants infected with a recently described tospovirus species, Polygonum ring spot virus (PolRSV). Laboratory transmission experiments (leaf disk assays) with adults collected directly in the field demonstrated the competence of this thrips to transmit PolRSV, although onl ...
- Ismael E. Badillo-Vargas; Dorith Rotenberg; Brandi A. Schneweis; Anna E. Whitfield
- Journal of insect physiology 2015 v.76 pp. 36-46
- Frankliniella occidentalis; H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; RNA interference; Western blotting; bioassays; double-stranded RNA; females; gene expression; genes; hemocoel; insect physiology; insecticides; insects; pest control; pests; phenotype; progeny; quantitative analysis; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; survival rate; vacuoles
- ... The insect order Thysanoptera is exclusively comprised of small insects commonly known as thrips. The western flower thrips, Frankliniella occidentalis, is an economically important pest amongst thysanopterans due to extensive feeding damage and tospovirus transmission to hundreds of plant species worldwide. Geographically-distinct populations of F. occidentalis have developed resistance against m ...