Jump to Main Content
- Liliya Georgievaa; Strahil Berkov; Violeta Kondakova; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...
- Strahil Berkov; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Carles Codina
- Talanta 2011 v.83 no.5 pp. 1455-1465
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; Narcissus; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; high performance liquid chromatography; leaves; metabolomics; methanol; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pharmaceutical industry; principal component analysis; quality control; rapid methods; raw materials
- ... Galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor marketed as a hydrobromide salt for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, is obtained from some Amaryllidaceae plants. A new method was developed and validated for its quantification by GC–MS in different plant sources: bulbs and leaves from Narcissus confusus; bulbs from N. pseudonarcissus cv. Carlton; and leaves and in vitro cultures from L. aestiv ...