Jump to Main Content
- E. Martínez-López; J. Peñalver; A. Escriña; L. Lara; M.J. Gens; E. María Dolores; A. Alcaraz; A.J. García-Fernández
- Chemosphere 2019 v.229 pp. 580-588
- Stenella coeruleoalba; adults; arsenic; cadmium; coasts; lead; liver; mercury; pollutants; selenium; tissues; toxicity; Mediterranean Sea
- ... Mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), lead (Pb), selenium (Se) and arsenic (As) concentrations in internal tissues of 72 striped dolphins (Stenella coeruleoalba) from Murcia Region (Mediterranean coastline) have been investigated for the first time. Hg showed the highest concentration, followed by Se, Cd, As and Pb. In general, the levels of metal found in this study were similar to those described in simil ...
- Òscar Aznar-Alemany; Joan Giménez; Renaud de Stephanis; Ethel Eljarrat; Damià Barceló
- Environmental pollution 2017 pp. -
- Stenella coeruleoalba; adults; bioaccumulation; calves; isomers; juveniles; liver; marine mammals; maturity stage; permethrin; persistent organic pollutants; pyrethrins; sexual maturity; tetramethrin; tissues; Mediterranean Sea; Spain
- ... Pyrethroid pesticides were analysed in liver of striped dolphin (Stenella coeruleoalba) from the Alboran Sea (south of Spain, Mediterranean Sea). The occurrence and bioaccumulation of pyrethroid insecticides in marine mammal tissues from the northern hemisphere had never been determined before. Pyrethroids were detected in 87% of the specimens with a mean total concentration of 300 ng g-1 lw ± 932 ...
- GASPARI, STEFANIA; AZZELLINO, ARIANNA; AIROLDI, SABINA; HOELZEL, A. RUS
- Molecular ecology 2007 v.16 no.14 pp. 2922-2933
- DNA; Stenella coeruleoalba; adults; basins; dolphins; females; kinship; loci; males; microsatellite repeats; social cohesion; Mediterranean Sea; Scotland; Spain; Tyrrhenian Sea
- ... We investigated hierarchical patterns of genetic subdivision, and assessed kinship within and between social groups of striped dolphins (Stenella coeruleoalba) in the Tyrrhenian Sea. A total of 165 samples were analysed at eight microsatellite DNA loci, including outgroup samples from the Adriatic, Scotland and Spain for population-level comparisons. We found population genetic structure within th ...