Jump to Main Content
- HARVEY, DEBORAH J.; GANGE, ALAN C.
- Physiological entomology 2006 v.31 no.3 pp. 218-226
- allometry; Lucanidae; sexual selection; body length; mating behavior; England
- ... The stag beetle, Lucanus cervus, is Britain's largest beetle, with a patchy distribution in southern England. The literature suggests that it displays exceptional size variation, particularly in the males, but no analysis of size inequality has ever been conducted. In the present study, stag beetle adults are measured and allometric relationships derived between various parameters and total body l ...
- Dillen, S.Y.; Marron, N.; Bastien, C.; Ricciotti, L.; Salani, F.; Sabatti, M.; Pinel, M.P.C.; Rae, A.M.; Taylor, G.; Ceulemans, R.
- Forest ecology and management 2007 v.252 no.1-3 pp. 12-23
- tree growth; genetic transformation; estimation; mathematical models; hybrids; forest trees; phenotype; branches; equations; allometry; regression analysis; crossing; environmental factors; genetic variation; Populus; dry matter partitioning; France; Italy; England
- M. Mîndrescu; I.S. Evans
- Geomorphology 2014 v.208 pp. 117-136
- allometry; coasts; glaciation; glaciers; inventories; mountains; rocks; watersheds; British Columbia; England; Romania; Ukraine; Wales
- ... A complete inventory of the 631 glacial cirques in Romania (and adjacent Ukraine) shows that they are scale-specific and develop allometrically, extending in length more rapidly than they deepen: shape changes with size. Horizontal dimensions are around 700m, vertical around 300m. On each quantitative measure they form a single, unimodal population with limited variation in size (on a logarithmic ...