Jump to Main Content
- Xiaodi Hao; Ranbin Liu; Xin Huang
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Jinping Li; Shirong Jin; Dandan Wan; Hui Li; Shuyuan Gong; Vojislav Novakovic
- Journal of environmental management 2022 pp. 115626
- ambient temperature; anaerobic digesters; anaerobic digestion; animal husbandry; autumn; biogas; coal; cold; combustion; energy balance; environmental management; gas production (biological); heat; solar collectors; solar energy; solar radiation; spring; summer; winter; China
- ... In cold and arid areas, variations of ambient temperature not only lead to a large amount of heat loss from anaerobic digestion reactors but also greater challenges in the stable production of biogas. Common temperature-controlled methods of biogas production, such as coal combustion, electric heating, biogas combustion and so on, are expensive and high energy-consuming. Openly, solar energy is ec ...