Main content area
You searched for: Subject antibacterial properties Remove constraint Subject: antibacterial properties Subject term Malassezia pachydermatis Remove constraint Subject term: Malassezia pachydermatis Subject term Staphylococcus intermedius Remove constraint Subject term: Staphylococcus intermedius
Limit your search
3 Search Results
1. Antimicrobial activity of propolis extract against Staphylococcus coagulase positive and Malassezia pachydermatis of canine otitis
- Cardoso, Rosemari Laura; Maboni, Franciele; Machado, Gustavo; Alves, Sydney Hartz; de Vargas, Agueda Castagna
- Veterinary microbiology 2010 v.142 no.3-4 pp. 432-434
- dogs; dog diseases; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus intermedius; animal pathogenic bacteria; ear diseases; traditional medicine; propolis; extracts; antibacterial properties; minimum inhibitory concentration; Malassezia pachydermatis; antifungal properties; animal pathogenic fungi; mycoses; bioassays
- ... The aims of this study were to evaluate the antimicrobial potential of propolis extract by determining the minimum bactericidal concentration (MBC) for coagulase-positive Staphylococcus isolates (Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus intermedius) and the minimum fungicidal concentration (MFC) for Malassezia pachydermatis isolates. The microorganisms were assayed using broth microdilution techni ...
- Swinney, Alison; Fazakerley, Jennifer; McEwan, Neil; Nuttall, Tim
- Veterinary dermatology 2008 v.19 no.6 pp. 373-379
- etiology; veterinary drugs; Staphylococcus intermedius; in vitro culture; bacterial colonization; antibiotics; dog diseases; dogs; drug evaluation; otitis externa; Malassezia pachydermatis; drug formulations; in vitro studies; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; bacterial infections; topical application; antibacterial properties
- ... The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial efficacy of ear cleaners against Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Malassezia pachydermatis. Single isolates of each organism were incubated in duplicate at 38 °C for 30 min with each ear cleaner diluted 1/2 to1/256 in phosphate-buffered saline. Positive and negative controls were included. Aliquots were then incubated for ...
- Pietschmann, Silvia; Hoffmann, Katrin; Voget, Michael; Pison, Ulrich
- Veterinary research communications 2009 v.33 no.6 pp. 489-505
- miconazole; polymyxin B; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; yeasts; minimum inhibitory concentration; flow cytometry; Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus intermedius; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Malassezia pachydermatis; drug synergism; antifungal properties; antibacterial properties; combination drug therapy
- ... The therapeutic value of antibiotics depends on the susceptibility of the infecting microorganism and the pharmacological profile of the drugs. To assess the value of an antibiotic combination of polymyxin B and miconazole this study examined the in vitro synergistic potential of the two drugs on Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria and yeast. Antifungal and antibacterial activity was tested b ...
- PubMed Central: