Jump to Main Content
- Hoekstra, K.A.; Paulton, R.J.L.
- Letters in applied microbiology 1996 v.22 no.3 pp. 192-194
- nose; Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus intermedius; antibiotics; cats; ears; dogs; throat; genitalia; biological resistance; abscess; bacteria; antibacterial properties
- Swinney, Alison; Fazakerley, Jennifer; McEwan, Neil; Nuttall, Tim
- Veterinary dermatology 2008 v.19 no.6 pp. 373-379
- etiology; veterinary drugs; Staphylococcus intermedius; in vitro culture; bacterial colonization; antibiotics; dog diseases; dogs; drug evaluation; otitis externa; Malassezia pachydermatis; drug formulations; in vitro studies; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; bacterial infections; topical application; antibacterial properties
- ... The aim of this study was to compare the antimicrobial efficacy of ear cleaners against Staphylococcus intermedius, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Malassezia pachydermatis. Single isolates of each organism were incubated in duplicate at 38 °C for 30 min with each ear cleaner diluted 1/2 to1/256 in phosphate-buffered saline. Positive and negative controls were included. Aliquots were then incubated for ...