Jump to Main Content
- FahadY. Al-Juhaimi; Ibrahim A. Babtain; Isam A. Mohamed Ahmed; Omer N. Alsawmahi; Kashif Ghafoor; Oladipupo Q. Adiamo; Elfadil E. Babiker
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108044
- Adansonia digitata; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; beef; chemical composition; lipids; oxidative stability; patties; phenolic compounds; seed extracts; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; shelf life; storage temperature
- ... The present study was conducted to evaluate the oxidative stability and the physicochemical, microbiological, and sensory properties of beef patties formulated with different concentrations (1%, 2%, and 3%) of baobab seed extract (BSE) during storage at 4 °C. The BSE contained a considerable number of phenolic compounds and exhibited antioxidant and antimicrobial activities (both on gram-positive ...
- Gahane, R.N.; Kogje, K.K.
- Acta horticulturae 2013 no.972 pp. 55-60
- Staphylococcus aureus; trees; fruit pulp; coumarin; flavonoids; beverages; oxidative stress; inhibitory concentration 50; Proteus mirabilis; anthracenes; Nocardia; agar; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; leaves; Escherichia coli; functional foods; medicine; humans; seeds; lignans; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; Salmonella Typhi; antibacterial properties; free radicals; Bacillus subtilis; Klebsiella pneumoniae; bark; bacteria; Adansonia digitata
- ... Adansonia digitata Linn. (Bombacaceae), commonly known as baobab has a great potential to be exploited by food and beverages, nutraceutical and natural cosmetic section. Leaves, stem, bark, fruit pulp and seeds of this tree are employed as food stuff as well as medicine hence aptly called as small pharmacy. The present study aims at assessment of nutraceutical potential of methanolic extracts of e ...