Jump to Main Content
- Haihan Zhang; Rongrong Zong; Huiyan He; Tinglin Huang
- Chemosphere 2022 v.287 pp. 132185
- Scenedesmus obliquus; algae; algicides; alginates; antioxidant enzymes; ascorbic acid; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; catalase; cell growth; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; gene expression regulation; hydrogen peroxide; oxidative stress; photosynthesis; protein composition; protein-protein interactions; proteomics; superoxide dismutase
- ... Hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂) is an environmental-friendly algicide and it is widely used to control algal blooms in aquatic ecosystems. However, the response of algal cell metabolic characteristics and intracellular protein profile under H₂O₂ stress is still not well understood. In the present study, the green alga Scenedesmus obliquus was exposed to different concentrations of H₂O₂ (0, 2, 6, 8 and 10 ...
- María P. Casas; Enma Conde; Herminia Domínguez; Andrés Moure
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 166-173
- Sargassum muticum; algae; alginates; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; cytotoxicity; enzymatic treatment; enzyme activity; enzymes; feedstocks; fibroblasts; humans; melanoma; mice; solubilization; ultrasonics; unsaturated fatty acids
- ... An ecofriendly process based on an enzyme-assisted extraction coupled with ultrasound extraction was proposed to obtain soluble bioactive fractions from Sargassum muticum. Whole algae (Sm) and residual algae from alginate production (AESm) were employed as feedstock. Aqueous enzyme treatment with commercial complex enzyme formulations or with mixture of enzymes lead to maximum solubilization yield ...