Jump to Main Content
- Francesco Finamore; Jean-Luc Reny; Sarah Malacarne; Pierre Fontana; Jean-Charles Sanchez
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 258-266
- acetylation; aspirin; blood platelets; cardiovascular diseases; diabetes; glucose; glycation; hyperglycemia; mass spectrometry; patients; prostaglandin synthase; proteins; risk factors; serine
- ... Diabetes is a major risk factor for cardiovascular diseases. Although aspirin is considered a cornerstone of the prevention and treatment of atherothrombotic-related ischemic events, this antiplatelet drug appears to be less effective in patients with poorly controlled diabetes. It has been suggested that the glycation of platelet proteins plays a pivotal role in poor responsiveness to aspirin. Ho ...
- F. Santilli; N. Vazzana; R. Liani; M. T. Guagnano; G. Davì
- Obesity reviews 2012 v.13 no.1 pp. 27-42
- metabolic syndrome; aspirin; cardiovascular diseases; bioavailability; biomarkers; lipid peroxidation; adipose tissue; inflammation; risk factors; at-risk population; acetylation; insulin resistance; obesity; platelet activation; body mass index; oxidative stress
- ... Obesity is associated with increased cardiovascular disease. Metabolic syndrome (MS) identifies substantial additional cardiovascular risk beyond the individual risk factors, and is a powerful predictor of cardiovascular events even regardless of body mass index, thus suggesting a common downstream pathway conferring increased cardiovascular risk. Platelet hyper‐reactivity/activation plays a centr ...