Jump to Main Content
- Yanjuan Wang; Junsheng Wang; Xudong Wu; Zong Jiang; Wei Wang
- Electrophoresis 2019 v.40 no.6 pp. 969-978
- Closterium; bacteria; ballast water; dielectrophoresis; electric field; electrodes; electrophoresis; microalgae; microparticles; microplastics; organ-on-a-chip
- ... The composition of the ship's ballast water is complex and contains a large number of microalgae cells, bacteria, microplastics, and other microparticles. To increase the accuracy and efficiency of detection of the microalgae cells in ballast water, a new microfluidic chip for continuous separation of microalgae cells based on alternating current dielectrophoresis was proposed. In this microfluidi ...
- Kim Doiron; Isabelle Linossier; Fabienne Fay; Julius Yong; Effendy Abd Wahid; Dimitre Hadjiev; Nathalie Bourgougnon
- Marine environmental research 2012 v.78 no. pp. 40-47
- microscopy; Closterium; biofilm; Pseudoalteromonas; adhesion; Cylindrotheca; Amphora; bacteria
- ... Bacteria and diatoms exist in sessile communities and develop as biofilm on all surfaces in aqueous environments. The interaction between these microorganisms in biofilm was investigated with a bacterial genus Pseudoalteromonas sp. (strain 3J6) and two benthic diatoms Amphora coffeaeformis and Cylindrotheca closterium. Each biofilm was grown for 22 days. Images from the confocal microscopy show a ...