Jump to Main Content
- Mohammad Dahmardeh Ghalehno; Morteza Nazerian; Ali Bayatkashkooli
- European Journal of Wood and Wood Products 2011 v.69 no.4 pp. 533-535
- bagasse; resins; wood; product quality standards; bending strength; raw materials; urea formaldehyde; particle size; European Union; temperature; particleboards
- ... It is well known that wood species and particle size used influence the bending strength of three-layer particleboard. The objective of this study was to investigate the influence of using bagasse particles in surface layer on bending strength of three-layer particleboard panels. The ratio of the mixture of bagasse and wood particles was 3:7 and 4:6 in the surface and middle layers, respectively. ...
- Apri Heri Iswanto; Wulandhari Aritonang; Irawati Azhar; Supriyanto; Widya Fatriasari
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 1-8
- Eucalyptus; bagasse; bamboos; bark; bending strength; biomass; cellulose; durability; mixing; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; ovens; particleboards; raw materials; urea formaldehyde; water content; wood
- ... The decrease of wood supply leads to find out the alternative raw material for particleboard production derived from non-woody cellulose materials, one of the promising material is sorghum bagasse. However, the strength properties of particleboard manufactured from this biomass tend to be low. This research was to evaluate physical, mechanical and durability properties of sorghum bagasse-particleb ...