Jump to Main Content
- Tiaolan Wang; Yongcai Li; Yang Bi; Miao Zhang; Tingting Zhang; Xiaoyuan Zheng; Yupeng Dong; Yi Huang
- RSC advances 2020 v.10 no.3 pp. 1829-1837
- Alternaria alternata; altenuene; antifungal properties; benzyl isothiocyanate; dose response; electrical conductivity; fumigation; mycelium; pears; plasma membrane; propidium; spore germination; spores; staining
- ... The antifungal activity of benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) against pear pathotype-Alternaria alternata, the causal agent of pear black spot, and its possible mechanisms were studied. The results indicated that both the spore germination and mycelial growth of A. alternata were significantly inhibited by BITC in a dose-dependent manner. BITC concentrations at 1.25 mM completely suppressed mycelial gro ...
- Troncoso-Rojas, R.; Sanchez-Estrada, A.; Ruelas, C.; Garcia, H.S.; Tiznado-Hernandez, M.E.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1427-1434
- tomatoes; postharvest diseases; Alternaria alternata; benzyl isothiocyanate; disease control; antifungal properties; postharvest treatment; postharvest physiology; cell respiration; ethylene production; food storage
- ... Benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) is known to be a strong antifungal compound in vitro against different fungi. The effectiveness of benzyl isothiocyanate to control Alternaria alternata growth in vitro and in vivo was tested. BITC in vitro activity was evaluated in A alternata growing on potato dextrose agar and exposed to 0.025, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2 or 0.4 mg ml(-1). In vivo activity was evaluated by expos ...