Jump to Main Content
- Riar Dilpreet S.; Norsworthy Jason K.; Steckel Lawrence E.; Stephenson IV Daniel O.; Eubank Thomas W.; Bond Jason; Scott Robert C.
- Weed technology 2013 v.27 no.4 pp. 788-797
- Glycine max; Gossypium hirsutum; Oryza sativa; agricultural machinery and equipment; best management practices; cleaning; consultants; cotton; cover crops; deep tillage; discing; growers; herbicide resistance; herbicide-resistant weeds; herbicides; labor; mechanism of action; no-tillage; planting date; profitability; rice; risk reduction; soybeans; weather; weed control; Arkansas; Louisiana; Mississippi; Tennessee
- ... In fall 2011, cotton and soybean consultants from Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee were surveyed through direct mail and on-farm visits, and rice consultants from Arkansas and Mississippi were surveyed through direct mail to assess the importance and level of implementation of herbicide resistance best management practices (HR-BMPs) for herbicide-resistant weeds. Proper herbicide ti ...
- L. Jason Krutz; Martin A. Locke; R. Wade Steinriede
- Journal of environmental quality 2009 v.38 no.3 pp. 1240-1247
- sediment contamination; no-tillage; herbicide-resistant weeds; silt loam soils; rainfall simulation; fluometuron; losses from soil; Gossypium; glyphosate; metolachlor; water pollution; water quality; reduced tillage; agricultural runoff; Secale cereale; preemergent weed control; best management practices; rye; herbicide resistance; cotton; spring; cover crops; Mississippi
- ... The need to control glyphosate [N-(phosphonomethyl)glycine]-resistant weed biotypes with tillage and preemergence herbicides in glyphosate-resistant crops (GRCs) is causing a reduction in no-tillage hectarage thereby threatening the advances made in water quality over the past decade. Consequently, if environmental gains afforded by GRCs are to be maintained, then an in-field best management pract ...
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183-1190
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...